CHECK OUT OUR NEW TANOA LIFE 2017 COMMUNITY TRAILER!

Welcome to British Borders

Firstly, a very warm welcome to our website. At British Borders we are not just your typical Arma 3 role play community. By bringing together players from around the globe, who share our passion for role play, our members become part of our story and are proud to call us home.

We continue to forever challenge the conventional norms that so many Arma communities have come to accept, continuously raising the bar and setting new standards. Our extensive list of features, along with our fantastic user friendly website and committed staff team, help to deliver an enjoyable, unique and lasting gaming experience.

We would invite you to join us and become part of that experience.

This message will be removed once you sign in.

Irish

IrishRanger Re-introduction

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

Its IrishRanger, from the 2014 - 2015 era as far as i remember, was a long ass time ago that i joined so i cant recall exactly but I hope to make a return for the ARMA 3 server release as I have not discovered a better community in ARMA and i should have a powerful computer by then. I hope to reconnect with old faces ( as making new friends requires effort ;) ) and i recall fondly the good ( and the not so good ) times I experienced a couple of years back in this persistent community.

About me: ( some parts may be inaccurate due to having a bad memory )

I have no exact timeline but when i joined British Borders first, it was just through clicking servers on ARMA 2 OA, it was my first experience of a good roleplay server that had interesting people and who were welcoming enough for me to stick around.

The first experience i recall is of SERCO PMC, led by Maverick and Pierce at the time, and it involved a PM protection mission with all the old SERCO veterans before me. One of the only times i got to experience the old SERCO. I enjoyed it and eventually after a couple of tryouts with the different factions on the server i settled with SERCO. There was far too many missions to recall any in particular, but i do remember kicking ass and being slightly edgy with Pierce, the outspoken, crazy, experienced PMC member who continued SERCO once Maverick left it to pursue other things on BB.

Many members passed through SERCO when me and Pierce took charge, as it required a certain level of skill and competency ( or luck ) and Pierce had some high standards, of which i somehow met. Eventually Pierce became inactive due to a broken pc ( or he may have given it to somebody else ) and with Mavericks permission i became SERCOs Head of Security. With a limit of 15 - 20 agents maximum, you couldnt just recruit anybody who walked in. We continued to practice rigorous interviews and questioning for any BB member interested in joining, aswell as providing alot of hands on training. 

Eventually we had a crew of experienced SERCO operators comprised of people like myself, Grumpyteddybear, Matt, Jon, Noah, Scrub, Scrumpy, Adam, (edit: HOW DID I FORGET TOM) and more ( names i do not recall ). The SERCO lineup tended to change often but during this time I believe the quality never faltered. We competed against 2 other PMC factions and eventually surpassed these factions leading the administration on the server to disband these other PMC factions.

Aside from SERCO, I also achieved the rank of Moderator on the server.

Eventually I lost interest in ARMA due to playing it for a long time, and left BB to pursue other games, notably Mount & Blade : Warband Napoleonic Wars which has consumed my life lmao.

Summary:

- Irish

- Former SERCO Head of Security

- Former Moderator

- Plans to return soon

Edited by Irish
tom bb

Welcome back :)

Cheers bud, will have to have a catch-up discussion on what the PMCs have been doing since iv been away  9_9

Welcome back, I do remember seeing you around the community. I hope you'll enjoy our new Arma 3 Tanoa Life!

Welcome Back Irish, happy to have you!

Welcome back mate, nice seeing you around again!

Just noticed this nice to see you again haha. Would be nice to see you on the server again.

10 hours ago, Adam said:

Just noticed this nice to see you again haha. Would be nice to see you on the server again.

tfw he has already talked to you on teamspeak, but says he only just noticed you now..

These directors aint got time for the normies

1 hour ago, Irish said:

tfw he has already talked to you on teamspeak, but says he only just noticed you now..

These directors aint got time for the normies

I know more than 1 irish since you left and I only knew you as Irish Ranger not just Irish lol

Welcome back @Irish, see you on server!