CHECK OUT OUR NEW TANOA LIFE 2017 COMMUNITY TRAILER!

Welcome to British Borders

Firstly, a very warm welcome to our website. At British Borders we are not just your typical Arma 3 role play community. By bringing together players from around the globe, who share our passion for role play, our members become part of our story and are proud to call us home.

We continue to forever challenge the conventional norms that so many Arma communities have come to accept, continuously raising the bar and setting new standards. Our extensive list of features, along with our fantastic user friendly website and committed staff team, help to deliver an enjoyable, unique and lasting gaming experience.

We would invite you to join us and become part of that experience.

This message will be removed once you sign in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jack Webber

New Police Display - On Patrol

15 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Jack Webber said:

I agree with your points, however i don't thing the Command Support Officer is needed as instead of the Police doing their role as protecting civilians and upholding the law there will always be 1 officer that isn't doing that as they are just protecting a police high command. @Shaun

That's not true. They just won't be doing the job of interceptor or something like that. They will still be interacting with civilians etc. 

11 hours ago, Shaun said:

That's not true. They just won't be doing the job of interceptor or something like that. They will still be interacting with civilians etc. 

Could use PMC for security and transport?

1 hour ago, Jack Webber said:

Could use PMC for security and transport?

Quite an expense for something as simple as getting one person away from the front lines? 

Firstly there wont be a Chief Constable role on the server. There will be a governor who will oversee all government departments.

Secondly the Dispatcher will be situated at police base and when the system is implemented it will be fundamental to the police operating smoothly. They will have a completely interactive UI which will greatly assist law enforcement in their role.

@ShaunIn real life dispatchers are not on the front line and have to rely on the information from their monitor and what the officers on the scene are saying. Like Maverick said, there will be a custom UI for the dispatcher. The point is while you may not enjoy the strategic and tactical side of a dispatcher, who is stationary, many others do like i mentioned in my post a lot of members play 911 first responder, 911 operator and other top-down games of this genre, a lot of users in the community do like top-down strategy games wich the dispatcher would be like. While i understand that this is not for everyone, so i recommended while it would be useful for the police force and make the police force vastly more efficient, i don't think the police should be broken without the role as especially early with a smaller player base the role won't always be filled.