WE HAVE RELEASED THE OFFICIAL FACTION HANDBOOKS, GO CHECK THEM OUT!

Welcome to British Borders

Firstly, a very warm welcome to our website. At British Borders we are not just your typical Arma 3 role play community. By bringing together players from around the globe, who share our passion for role play, our members become part of our story and are proud to call us home.

We continue to forever challenge the conventional norms that so many Arma communities have come to accept, continuously raising the bar and setting new standards. Our extensive list of features, along with our fantastic user friendly website and committed staff team, help to deliver an enjoyable, unique and lasting gaming experience.

We would invite you to join us and become part of that experience.

This message will be removed once you sign in.

47 posts in this topic

BBA.png.8b4e2f4852d77c16997b8ee9d6920880.png

Tanoa Life Release Window

On Sunday the 30th of July the Development Team and the Board had a pre-release meeting to discuss the current state of the Tanoa Life Mission with the topic being if it would be ready and up to the standards required to meet the release date.

Unfortunately although a great amount of work has been completed and many starting features have been moved into full completion. The reason behind our move towards a release window is over the period of time since the last release extension we have not had the ability or time to test the current state of the mission from within the Development Team due to the amount of back end work that was required to make the mission playable to the standards originally set. The testing of the core mission systems by the Development Team is something we feel is crucial and must be carried out before the server can be released to you the public.

So for how long will this release window cover?
Thankfully it will only be spanning from Monday the 31st to Friday the 4th so a public release is to be expected anytime between then, this decision will be made by the Development Team once they feel its ready to be released.

What will be happening in the mean time?
Once the mission is compiled and functional the current closed Alpha will be updated to the latest release with many of the new developed features ready for testing from any staff or current Donators, once the new Alpha is released we are asking that you access the server and test every system you possibly can this will largely help with the testing for the Development Team and should hopefully speed up the process towards the public release all we ask is that you report any bugs found to the bug reports section on the website.

Seeing the response from the Community in regards to the previous release date, has made this decision much harder for not only the Board but the staff team as a whole, this decision was made with purely the community in mind as we want our Tanoa Life server even through Alpha, Beta and full release stages to be something that represents the hard work we have put into it and to truly allow you the community members to enjoy.

Once again we are truly sorry for this delay but we have no doubt in saying it will be worth the wait and thank you to everyone who has continued to show support up to this day.

Thanks
Chaz
Forum Manager

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the post. 

I think this is, once again, the best thing to do. This will allow more time for guides to be finished, mission files to be completed a bit more and just overall progress.

It personally doesn't bother me but at least it'll give factions more time to sort themselves out and hopefully sort out stability and plans of action.

Good choice but I'm glad, as a staff team, you're not scared to delay it. It's only 4 days.

Keep up the hard work!

~Ant

Edited by Ant

One thing I would like to say to everyone is that, Yes, I know there will be frustration and we all feel it, but we hope you understand that certain systems were not finished/tested and as Developers we would feel a lot more comfortable to release a proper working system then a fast tracked one that barely works.

Wish you all the best of luck and I hope to see you in game in the next couple days!

What is necessary is necessary, and the good thing is you are facing the challenges head on and communicating this to the community, rather than pretending they don't exist and leaving us all in the dark.

Best of luck for future development. 

The 4 day itch begins

Posted (edited)

Tbh any day is better than the Monday for me ???? But no worries you guys do what is best. 

Edited by Reagan

It's better for roleplay true... I lose interest and i dont know if i will stay. But keep up the great work. 

Posted (edited)

4 days is nothing, I don't think anyone would prefer to encounter broken game mechanics over having to wait a couple more days to allow for more testing. Take your time and kudos for letting the community know the reasons behind the delay.

So you guys will update the live server to the release build somewhere this week, after which donators can connect and help test out the entire build during the 4 day period, if I read this correctly?

Edited by gazmask

18 minutes ago, gazmask said:

4 days is nothing, I don't think anyone would prefer to encounter broken game mechanics over having to wait a couple more days to allow for more testing. Take your time and kudos for letting the community know the reasons behind the delay.

So you guys will update the live server to the release build somewhere this week, after which donators can connect and help test out the entire build during the 4 day period, if I read this correctly?

Yes that is the idea. After having a discussion with the developers last night in theory when the mission is completely compiled (hopefully today) the closed Alpha will be uploaded with our latest version which means all donators can go on the server and see pretty much 90% of our released version. There is a few final things that need finishing and the biggest task is stocking the shops which will take a few days due to the complexity of the array's.

This way while things are being finalized if donators encounter anything game breaking that is not working we can get it fixed before the "Official" release.

But I would also like to point out that everything has been tested and is working but in a single player environment things work differently than with features that are being used by 20 people under load on a live server that is why we need to make sure it is tested intensively before we call it a released build and would not be very professional on our part just releasing what we have since the initial release has to be spot on for people to use.

Posted (edited)

I understand it completely! Since you will hopefully be the only (good and for a long time) UK Tanoa server better do it right!!

Only one chance to make a good first impression!

Take your time and when the Alpha is up I will go on and "test" it for sure.

Edited by Renzos