WE HAVE RELEASED THE OFFICIAL FACTION HANDBOOKS, GO CHECK THEM OUT!

Welcome to British Borders

Firstly, a very warm welcome to our website. At British Borders we are not just your typical Arma 3 role play community. By bringing together players from around the globe, who share our passion for role play, our members become part of our story and are proud to call us home.

We continue to forever challenge the conventional norms that so many Arma communities have come to accept, continuously raising the bar and setting new standards. Our extensive list of features, along with our fantastic user friendly website and committed staff team, help to deliver an enjoyable, unique and lasting gaming experience.

We would invite you to join us and become part of that experience.

This message will be removed once you sign in.

Waffle

Development News
Tanoa Life Beta 1.0 Enters Testing

68 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Rex said:
  • Minor Bugs                 - £100
  • Medium Bugs              - £500
  • Big Bugs                     - £1000
  • Game Breaking Bugs    - £2500

Is this real money? or In game money? Boy that's a lot!

If this was real life money don't you think I would be sneaking on the server to make cash myself? xD

I know a lot of people will be extremely annoyed for multiple reasons.

They would be annoyed that what was promised to be a public release is now a testing center for donators and patrons. As a Patron myself, that is kind of annoying from the point of "I want to play the game with as many people as possible" but at the same time, I get it. You want it to be stable for the public. It's a fact that people who use a free service criticize it more than people who don't pay, meaning they don't return. I think overall, the choice to make it donator and patron only are smart. If you don't want to pay then whatever, but sure, this is a non-profit organization and all the money goes to the upkeep of the server, which is a good ending.

Next, the idea that it's late and it's been delayed is something, even donators, are getting pissed about. I don't come from a development standpoint but if I was, I would feel just as frustrated as the people waiting. I was briefly in the development channel, talking about something off topic, and the sound of  @Maverick's voice tells the whole story. He is exhausted. Along with the staff team who have been constantly working on this. 

I feel like they deserve soo much more credit than they are given. I've had people in Teamspeak get angry because the server wasn't released as promised. Reality check: Life isn't fair. I think the whole development team deserves every bit of credit and more. 

I want to say well done and thank you to you all! This server is nothing without you guys!  @Marshall @Crossy @Aron @Waffle @Adam @Maverick @Bull @Cado anyone I've missed.

~Ant

Unfortunately in the world of development it is so unpredictable. I can understand the frustration from members who have been waiting and even the people who have donated.

I can't take much credit in terms of development since I can only organize the staff team and faction standpoints and only relay what we discuss and decide with the developers.

When we made these announcements we made them expecting things to go smoothly but unfortunately it doesn't always work out that way.

At this point I will try to keep everyone updated as much as possible since everyone else is busy trying to get everything sorted but once we know the mission is about to be released you guys will know.

I personally would like to apologize on behalf of the board and the developers to the community that we have not met every deadline we announced and its not something that happens often.

As experienced members of British Borders know we do deliver 99% of the time and this is just one of those unfortunate times where we could not foresee any fall backs.

You all will be looking back on this in a couple of months thinking "Okay yes it did suck we had to wait but in the grand scheme of things but it was worth the wait"

Hope you all can understand our point of view and will keep you all up to date as much as we can.

Kind Regards

Assistant Director

Adam

the-board.png.bc352a0c0683ec92a0bd5691e8d67e77.png

First off, I would just like to introduce myself as someone that hadn't heard about British Borders until just a couple of days ago. I was told about it and came and looked at the website and I gotta say,.. I was pretty impressed. The countdown timer for launch was on 19 hours, and I was really looking forward to coming to check out the server when I got home from work the next night. Imagine my disappointment when I learn the server isn't gonna be open to the public until an unknown future date :(

I understand the dev's want everything to be as good as can be before letting people loose on the server, but when you have people like myself that are crying out for a life server that hasn't been ruined and corrupted by it's staff - not mentioning any names *coff*GTA*coff* - you will find sooooo many people that would be MORE than willing to report/help fix kinks and bugs etc. IMO, the sooner you open the server the better.. I've spoken to a lot of people that donate to the GTA servers that are extremely disappointed with what's happening and have either left or are looking to leave and you should take advantage of that before they find a new game/server :)

I want to start off by saying all I'm interested in is the server becoming successful in the long run, so this isn't about bashing the development team. You've done an amazing job building everything in-house which is no small task. I'm just going to look at this from a 3rd person standpoint and explain the impression of someone who is not so dedicated, but more mildly interested, as most of those posting on the forums, and part of what they're looking for is a good launch.

So here come the dilemma. For a good launch you need a stable working server, which is why the delays don't bother me personally too much. The only downside is that for some other players who aren't as committed or invested in seeing the server succeed, seeing all these delays and missed targets after announcements is 'proof' for them that it's not worth a shot, and they quickly move on somewhere else.

From my pool of friends who I'm trying to convince to make the switch over here, the first question is obviously "So when's it coming out", and when the answer to that question is constantly changing, they become less and less interested, however much I try and sell it to them.

I really want this server to succeed, so I'm staying no matter the delay, but I don't want to pretend that, in a world where the consumer is as fickle as ArmA, that these missed targets aren't having an effect.

I would firstly say that the testing phase has no limit on it currently, this duration will depend entirely on how many bugs there are too fix. Less bugs means quicker release.

I appreciate that some members may be disappointed. That was to be expected. I would be too if i was in your shoes.

It is important that we go public ASAP as none of us wish to keep the server restricted to Donators and Patrons.

So just to confirm, the server is currently live for donators, patrons and staff?

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Powelly said:

So just to confirm, the server is currently live for donators, patrons and staff?

The server will be live, i do not think it is up yet.

Edited by Jack Webber

I hope it will be up this weekend for donators and patrons.

Posted (edited)

What you could of done is give the password out on the forums. That way the members of the community that haven't paid can at least get to test as well. As a sign of good faith to the community that have been excited to play over the weekend. You could also include a disclaimer in said post telling people there will be bugs ... etc etc. This way the server isn't open to people who are gonna be put off by a couple of bugs and you have more people to test out the bugs. Because as stated previous by someone else no one will come on because they don't want to play on an empty server. 

I understand it being a perk to the donators and patreons however under these circumstances it is a bit of a kick in the teeth. Due to most of us normal members being told we would be able to jump on this weekend and now being told that privilege is being reserved. I say that with no hate I just think it's a bit of a mismanagement in my personal opinion. That being said I'm still down with this server and think it will be amazing when it is delivered. 

@OffKiYeah the staff destroyed that server with the constant nerfing of rebels. It just weren't fun anymore.

Edited by Pope