BRITISH BORDERS TANOA LIFE PRIVATE BETA IS RELEASED!

Welcome to British Borders

Firstly, a very warm welcome to our website. At British Borders we are not just your typical Arma 3 role play community. By bringing together players from around the globe, who share our passion for role play, our members become part of our story and are proud to call us home.

We continue to forever challenge the conventional norms that so many Arma communities have come to accept, continuously raising the bar and setting new standards. Our extensive list of features, along with our fantastic user friendly website and committed staff team, help to deliver an enjoyable, unique and lasting gaming experience.

We would invite you to join us and become part of that experience.

This message will be removed once you sign in.

Waffle

Development News
Tanoa Life Beta 1.0 Enters Testing

75 posts in this topic

Being the owner & head-developer of Altis Life Server taught me one thing. That the time of development is really unpredictable. I had to extend release date for three times and every one of the three extensions could've been about 1-2 weeks long, but I also learned, that it doesn't matter if you release your mission with several bugs. It matters how quickly you can fix them after the release. I get, that you want to make sure everything is just right and no mass bugs or errors can occur.

I get this, but I am really disappointed as well as some other players, which were ready to play this friday or yesterday (Sat. 05.08). I am sad, disappointed and I give @British Bordersmy last hopes, that they WILL serve us the mission as soon as possible.

In my honest opinion, development team should either hire Quality Assurance, which will check fresh implemented mechanics for any bugs or make additional dev-server with experimental/unstable versions opened for developers, patrons & donators whilst casual players can play on stable versions without limitations.

(Due to the emotional affection of the author, you should not interpret this post too personally.)

Kind regards, Benedikz

I have no doubt their reasons to delay the release are justified, but you will have to find a balance between releasing a perfectly chiseled server build and your community, because you can't stress their loyalty forever.

Until then:

45253.jpg.708d4f20a11ed2862ad5e9afbaa5f6f1.jpg.62eed0edfd26d00eeca35d8213803bed.jpg

Posted (edited)

From what I have heard many of the Donators don't play on the server because they just want other people to play with. Let's be honest Most of us know its boring to play an RP game with 10 people on a map as big as tanoa. Anyway, It's next to impossible to have a perfect server I simply think the server should be released as long as there is no game breaking bugs like flying cars.  The more people we have on the quicker you can find a bug and also stress test the server at the same time.

(this pic is about unperfect server)

Spoiler

Image result for 99bugs on the way

@Victory I'm just responding to your comment here to keep my comments together;)........... Anyway, the donator part I'm talking about are the ones I know. Like I stated some donators, not all I also other than game breaking Bugs I know you can't release a server with them I helped manage a server for 2 years so I sort of see from two views (player/mangement) I say sort of because they are two different group of players.   I'm tired so my bad on grammar I may fix them in the morning :)

Edited by Skyler.B
r

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, Skyler.B said:

From what I have heard many of the Donators don't play on the server because they just want other people to play with. Let's be honest Most of us know its boring to play an RP game with 10 people on a map as big as tanoa. Anyway, It's next to impossible to have a perfect server I simply think the server should be released as long as there is no game breaking bugs like flying cars.  The more people we have on the quicker you can find a bug and also stress test the server at the same time.

(this pic is about unperfect server)

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for 99bugs on the way

Based on what I've heard, what can be described as a game-breaking bug was allegedly encountered unexpectedly. The specifics of it are unknown to me so I can't tell you what it was in particular. What I can tell you right now though, is that every Donator I know wants to play any form of a mission file just as the rest of the community does; regardless of the number of players. I can understand the frustration, but the fact of the matter is that we can't do anything but wait. Patience is a virtue, sure it might not be out right now or an hour from now but the point is that this community will deliver and I'm certain that we will be anything but disappointed when we get to reap the benefits of sitting back, and just letting the Dev team do their jobs. They aren't paid, they have their own lives, and our entire mission has been built from the ground up, all of these facts taken into account just goes to show how we are lucky enough to have them help create essentially an entire platform for us in the first place. 

Stay patient friends, for prosperous times have nearly arrived!

Edited by Victory

I just don't want my donator rank to run out before the public release because I want to use support plus and other donator features not sit here waiting for my donation to run out and never get to use those things without donating again.

Regardless of the reason, I dont think that Maverick or the BB Development team are going to rush and there is no need to. Instead, i think that with it all being inhouse built like the old server is much better and alot of the time does go into the base features like the framework which is probably why the launch is delayed. 

If we have no patience as a community, then are we a community or are we a group of people waiting for a polished and solid server to sink many 100's of hours into and receive many more enjoyable experiences?

I think personally, regardless of missed launch dates that completing such a task of making a A3 life server from the ground up within the space of a year is possible, but not without sacrifices.

Its a game at the end of the day, which the A3L (Genre) is in desperate need of a good unmodded server which has experienced staff and a loyal playerbase that doesnt do the "stop or die' sort of initiations in-game.

On 5.8.2017 at 02:10, Adam said:

Unfortunately in the world of development it is so unpredictable.

This is something every developer would sign. Just have some patience and try to see the things positive, it helps no one doing otherwise.
I'm grateful for every day I get before I'm stuck in ArmA 24/7 again xD

Posted (edited)

@Maverickand @Waffle Any new indication when the Beta version will be up?

Edited by Renzos

36 minutes ago, Renzos said:

@Maverickand @Waffle Any new indication when the Beta version will be up?

I don't think it is completely wise to set a date without completely knowing when it will be complete. Setting a date then discovering a bug that needs fixing meaning that it doesn't go beta on that day may still frustrate some people, all i think is that it will be out when it's ready and there is no need to rush.

1 minute ago, Jack Webber said:

I don't think it is completely wise to set a date without completely knowing when it will be complete. Setting a date then discovering a bug that needs fixing meaning that it doesn't go beta on that day may still frustrate some people, all i think is that it will be out when it's ready and there is no need to rush.

I understand and agree with that but we are waiting for a couple of days now with now news at all. And if they find a bug they can let it stay in the Beta and some people can make some extra money but we can allready play and maybe help the developers.