WE HAVE RELEASED THE OFFICIAL FACTION HANDBOOKS, GO CHECK THEM OUT!

Welcome to British Borders

Firstly, a very warm welcome to our website. At British Borders we are not just your typical Arma 3 role play community. By bringing together players from around the globe, who share our passion for role play, our members become part of our story and are proud to call us home.


We continue to forever challenge the conventional norms that so many Arma communities have come to accept, continuously raising the bar and setting new standards. Our extensive list of features, along with our fantastic user friendly website and committed staff team, help to deliver an enjoyable, unique and lasting gaming experience.


We would invite you to join us and become part of that experience.

This message will be removed once you sign in.

Skyler.B

NEW Faction coming soon

17 posts in this topic

There is new faction coming to Arma 3 with the upcoming DLC It is a humanitarian faction adding new clothes new van with multiple varients including an Ambulance. 

https://arma3.com/dlc/lawsofwar

with this new addition, You can also make a custom pamphlet and use a drone to drop them around the map while flying ( someone might find a use for this ) 

Spoiler

van_variants.pnggear.pngdrone_variants.png

 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post

From reading the article I'm really looking forward to seeing how they will expand on the EOD side of things and make it more in depth. Hopefully there may even be a way to incorporate this into the server at some point leading to an EOD unit in each of the factions.

0

Share this post


Link to post

I could also re-skin the van to be like a bus of some sort? haha 

1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Marshall said:

I could also re-skin the van to be like a bus of some sort? haha 

Not the bus only, would be a good type of transport-vehicle.. And also an ambulance vehicle

1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Benedikz said:

Not the bus only, would be a good type of transport-vehicle.. And also an ambulance vehicle

Yeah, definitely. I'll skin it to match our Ambulances, but it'll be a DLC vehicle, so only people who OWN the DLC would be able to drive it. 

1

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

I could see this van to also serve police, especially to Armed Response.. Imagine police vehicle with this black unmarked van, ohh.. I'm getting visual orgasm.

2016-ford-transit-350-xlt-high-roof-passenger-van-angular-front.png.da160c732a9a4d9c9e8a2e7b087400fe.png

Edited by Benedikz
0

Share this post


Link to post

Yup, thats right.. Well, I think there is some way to bypass the "enter-vehicle" asset.. It was bypassed on Altis Life, you were basically able to enter vehicle even without owning the DLC, I think it teleported you into it..

0

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Benedikz said:

Yup, thats right.. Well, I think there is some way to bypass the "enter-vehicle" asset.. It was bypassed on Altis Life, you were basically able to enter vehicle even without owning the DLC, I think it teleported you into it..

I don't think British Borders want any problems from Bohemia by bypassing their DLC requirements. BB has been lucky to be approved for monetization by Bohemia and Bohemia would be really unhappy if BB did that.

Edited by Corza
0

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Corza said:

I don't think British Borders want any problems from Bohemia by bypassing their DLC requirements. They have been lucky to be approved for monetization by Bohemia and they would be really unhappy if BB did that.

This mechanics was implemented on almost majority of Life servers from AsYetUntitled's framework, so I guess there is not a big problem about that, but your point is right.

0

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Skyler.B said:

There is new faction coming to Arma 3 with the upcoming DLC It is a humanitarian faction adding new clothes new van with multiple varients including an Ambulance. 

https://arma3.com/dlc/lawsofwar

with this new addition, You can also make a custom pamphlet and use a drone to drop them around the map while flying ( someone might find a use for this ) 

  Reveal hidden contents

van_variants.pnggear.pngdrone_variants.png

 

 

 

I love to see these additions to the game. I feel like they're slightly made for Life Servers but it's a paid DLC (for as far as I heard). This would mean that not everyone could access these items. Which makes it in a way hard to implement it. I hope some of it is free-access like the USS Freedom from Jets.

Waffle, Senior Developer

0

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

Our Affiliates