WE HAVE RELEASED THE OFFICIAL FACTION HANDBOOKS, GO CHECK THEM OUT!

Welcome to British Borders

Firstly, a very warm welcome to our website. At British Borders we are not just your typical Arma 3 role play community. By bringing together players from around the globe, who share our passion for role play, our members become part of our story and are proud to call us home.

We continue to forever challenge the conventional norms that so many Arma communities have come to accept, continuously raising the bar and setting new standards. Our extensive list of features, along with our fantastic user friendly website and committed staff team, help to deliver an enjoyable, unique and lasting gaming experience.

We would invite you to join us and become part of that experience.

This message will be removed once you sign in.

Skyler.B

NEW Faction coming soon

17 posts in this topic

Border forces could use dron to spot refugees or drugs dealers in the forest. 

1 hour ago, Waffle said:

I love to see these additions to the game. I feel like they're slightly made for Life Servers but it's a paid DLC (for as far as I heard). This would mean that not everyone could access these items. Which makes it in a way hard to implement it. I hope some of it is free-access like the USS Freedom from Jets.

Waffle, Senior Developer

The actual map items such as the food, water, tents etc are actualy for free. The guns, vans, clothes, mines and etc are payable.

3 hours ago, SuperDudeplayer said:

The actual map items such as the food, water, tents etc are actualy for free. The guns, vans, clothes, mines and etc are payable.

I get your point but for example the Apex DLC Map Content isn't free for everyone to use you can only load them if you've paid that DLC. We also need to respect Bohemia and can't just find a work around since in my opinion its disrespectful towards their Development Team, they spent massive amounts of time to create these assets not just to get used by everyone. I don't think anyone would like it when your work is used by anyone who feels like it while you set up some requirements. The guns, vans, clothes, mines will not be used if they include the requirement of needing to have purchased the DLC. They will be accessible to everyone who owns the DLC in the shops.

Waffle, Senior Developer

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Waffle said:

The guns, vans, clothes, mines will not be used if they include the requirement of needing to have purchased the DLC. They will be accessible to everyone who owns the DLC in the shops.

Waffle, Senior Developer

So do you mean if its like apex that you need to buy the DLC to join the server it won't be used?

Edited by Skyler.B

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Skyler.B said:

So do you mean if its like apex that you need to buy the DLC to join the server it won't be used?

APEX is different from the other DLCs because it brings a whole new map. If the Laws of War DLC "only" brings new vehicles and clothing, you can expect it to be available for everyone like any other DLC before APEX (Karts, Helicopters, etc.).

When you use unowned DLC Content, it's perfectly legal. But you will be annoyed with an icon of the DLC popping up in the mid of your screen more and more often until you decide to buy it. You may also will be missing some features (like the possibility to defuse explosives) which come with LoW.

EDIT:
The BB dev team may really restrict the purchase of DLC-Content to those who purchased the DLC. Many communities do so. Yet the above applies when for example a friend buys the DLC vehicle/gear for you.

Edited by Armitxes

17 hours ago, Armitxes said:

APEX is different from the other DLCs because it brings a whole new map. If the Laws of War DLC "only" brings new vehicles and clothing, you can expect it to be available for everyone like any other DLC before APEX (Karts, Helicopters, etc.).

When you use unowned DLC Content, it's perfectly legal. But you will be annoyed with an icon of the DLC popping up in the mid of your screen more and more often until you decide to buy it. You may also will be missing some features (like the possibility to defuse explosives) which come with LoW.

EDIT:
The BB dev team may really restrict the purchase of DLC-Content to those who purchased the DLC. Many communities do so. Yet the above applies when for example a friend buys the DLC vehicle/gear for you.

I would like to add that the current implementation of the purchasing of DLC items is as @Armitxesdescribes. You can only buy an item/weapon/vehicle if you own the corresponding DLC for it. The main reason for this is, that if you for example want to buy a vehicle that isn't part of your 'DLC inventory', you are unable to drive it (Bohemia made it so) and to prevent you from encountering that, we decided to restrict it altogether. Feel free to comment on it what you think of it.

looks pretty cool, and I like the idea of using drones, especially for surveillance and tracking criminals :D