Welcome to British Borders

Firstly, a very warm welcome to our website. At British Borders we are not just your typical Arma 3 role play community. By bringing together players from around the globe, who share our passion for role play, our members become part of our story and are proud to call us home.

We continue to forever challenge the conventional norms that so many Arma communities have come to accept, continuously raising the bar and setting new standards. Our extensive list of features, along with our fantastic user friendly website and committed staff team, help to deliver an enjoyable, unique and lasting gaming experience.

We would invite you to join us and become part of that experience.

This message will be removed once you sign in.

Chaz

Important Announcement
Faction Reviews Before Public Launch

13 posts in this topic

BBA.png.7305ba8437787ba22bf379999caa2e86.png

Faction Reviews Before Public Launch

This announcement is very important for all members who are part of a faction. As we are now getting closer to our public release we are going to be reviewing all members that are currently a part of the factions, and one point that has been brought up already is that of activity from faction members and this is what will be looked at first.

So over the period of the next two weeks, we will be closely looking at who is active within their faction and who is not. Those members who are seen to be inactive and not responding to messages or coordinating with each factions current HR Member, then removals will be issued by members of staff.

The current faction HR Members are as follows:

These members have been chosen at the discretion of the Board to help lead the factions into the public release and are currently managing the behind the scenes of the factions temporarily until positions of leadership can be filled. They will be compiling a list of all active and non-active members, So if you need to discuss your involvement inside one of the factions please direct it to them at this time.

A message has been sent out already with responses from a good majority of faction members and or activity is clearly seen through the use of the forums, Teamspeak or in-game and as long as this is kept up your position will remain. We see the factions as one of the foundations for RP on our server and making sure the right people are in those factions is crucial for us to provide you all with the best experience possible when on the server.

Thanks,
Chaz
Forum Manager

Can we have a little bit more information as to what constitutes activity in this case?

If I am still understanding correctly, then the server is still under BETA lock with only staff and donators having pass-worded access? So by this point are you asking us to be active in areas of the forums or teamspeak? It seems a bit odd to conduct a review of factions when there's very little material for faction members who do not have donation access to be around for. 

Some clarity to review what EXACTLY the criteria of these HR members are looking for would be much appreciated so for people such as myself who work and have other commitments but no access to the server, we know what we have to do to retain our positions in our factions.

Thanks,

Steven

@Stevenn

As the majority of faction members In said faction are not donators/staff to access the private beta then being active on forums, commenting on threads and suggesting things to give an indication towards HR that you're active. Hopping on TS when available will also show that you are active as there has been faction members that have been away for months without any leave notice.

Hope this clears up a bit, if not feel free to contact any HR or member of staff.

Jack Webber 

@Stevenn

Also simply logging into your account one every two weeks would still constitute to your technically being active and would be acceptable as it shows you have an active presence within the community.

I'm on the forums basically every day, but there is nothing to comment on or post about with the server not being out(public-ally). So I don't understand how some will be seen as "more active" than other for just loading up the website. With this in mind I only really come on the forums to see if there is anything to do with the server being released as the factions sections on the forums are literally dead, so there is nothing for people to comment on the first place really.

21 minutes ago, Cameron said:

I'm on the forums basically every day, but there is nothing to comment on or post about with the server not being out(public-ally). So I don't understand how some will be seen as "more active" than other for just loading up the website. With this in mind I only really come on the forums to see if there is anything to do with the server being released as the factions sections on the forums are literally dead, so there is nothing for people to comment on the first place really.

Yeah I agree

26 minutes ago, Cameron said:

This. I read everything that is posted but most of the stuff on the forums at the moment doesn't warrant a response. I'm sure this will change when the server goes public but for now activity is difficult to measure apart from TS and being online on the forums.

This is one of the few posts/threads that I do actually see being worthy of a reply apart from something like "nice job" which is good and all but everyone thinks the same thing we don't need to say it

Edited by Isaac

1 minute ago, Isaac said:

This. I read everything that is posted but most of the stuff on the forums at the moment doesn't warrant a response. I'm sure this will change when the server goes public but for now activity is difficult to measure apart from TS and being online on the forums

I personally don't use the BB ts3 as there is no need, like my friends all use our own personal ts3 as the server isn't live so for me and my friends there is no point connecting to another ts3 server when we have our own. (Obviously me and my mates will use BB ts3 when the server goes live)

To further elaborate on what @Maverickstated, the only requirement for you to constitute as being active is to log on to the forums occasionally and possibly like posts, and also comment if you see fit. Just being active on the forums, as Maverick said, constitutes as being active within the community, there is no need to constantly comment and engage with the faction/community.

So if you are worried about losing your faction position, but you are logging into the forums, as you said you were, then there is no need to worry. However, actively engaging in forum posts and TeamSpeak would, I assume, be favourable if you would like to progress in the faction.

Edited by Shaun

I aint worried about losing my position in the faction because if I did lose my position, thats management messing up, not me. All I think is that the post could be worded a bit better i.e what you said Shaun. I also have no real reason to go on the TS atm because I don't talk to anyone on there and I have discord for talking to friends so yeah I just think wording was a bit off in OP