Welcome to British Borders

Firstly, a very warm welcome to our website. At British Borders we are not just your typical Arma 3 role play community. By bringing together players from around the globe, who share our passion for role play, our members become part of our story and are proud to call us home.

We continue to forever challenge the conventional norms that so many Arma communities have come to accept, continuously raising the bar and setting new standards. Our extensive list of features, along with our fantastic user friendly website and committed staff team, help to deliver an enjoyable, unique and lasting gaming experience.

We would invite you to join us and become part of that experience.

This message will be removed once you sign in.

The Dandy Rustic Co.

How would terrorism work?

Since its in the Law im guessing it will be possible, however how will it work without Mass RDMing people, Bombings? Text warnings to police?

10 answers to this question

Killing people with probable cause is and always will be RDM as it clearly states in the name. One also needs to take into account the difference in the story between Takistan and Tanoa. Takistan was a war torn country where everyone and everything was poor and poorly made. Conflict was bound to happen over the littlest of things so terrorism in that regards was a bit more free. 

Tanoa is a well developed and well established country where all the conflict will be over political disagreements, cooperative disputes or personal matters. Terrorism on Tanoa will be more like a extreme right political party doing coordinated strikes on those they deem unworthy of life or success, which is completely different than what it would have looked like in Takistan. 

How terrorism in Tanoa will occur hasn't been fully thought through yet, but this will be the core of it's fundamentals I believe, but correct me if you feel I'm wrong!

Back in Arma 2, There was a license you had to but that would Automatically announce to the whole server you declared terrorism. And then you would be KOS by the government  you would normally attack the government and UN but it was expensive. This is Arma 3 though it could be different, I assume it will be similar.

Correct, you would go across the border to the "terror shop" purchase the right to use such shop and purchase your weapons and vehicles from there, then take them back across the border...if... you could cross the border without detection and wreak your havoc on the citizens of Tanoa. Please don't quote me on this; I am not 100% sure how the mechanics will work in the new map.

Edited by Austin Martin

I would like it to be as @Skyler.Bsaid

There has to be CLEAR differentiation between what is terrorism, and what is RDM. 

But surely if it was just that there would be no roleplay point, the reason why I asked was because there are groups such as the Red Path communists and my group of Blackshirts who will be doing things like this for political reasons, I don't see why the devs and admins would allow people to go on killing sprees just because they can afford it.

The role play reason behind the terrorism will be different to Takistan, but the difference is sort of irrelevant, as long as there is a valid RP reason behind the act (such as if a communist party got in power, and the far-right party ambushed a government convoy). But what will be the mechanics? Is it like Takistan, where you have to declare?, or just as long as you have a valid RP reason?

On 06/12/2017 at 10:21, Aron said:

How terrorism in Tanoa will occur hasn't been fully thought through yet

This is honestly worried me a lot. The DIRECTOR doesn't know how terrorism will be facilitated in mission, and the mission is coming soon?! Really?! Terrorism is going to be a big thing as Aron said, due to the politics (idk if politics is even going to be live upon release, which is disappointing as it's the only interesting thing apart from violence, which has been massively put down by the board), and I assume it hasn't even been added if it hasn't been "fully thought through".

7 minutes ago, _Tom_ said:

The role play reason behind the terrorism will be different to Takistan, but the difference is sort of irrelevant, as long as there is a valid RP reason behind the act (such as if a communist party got in power, and the far-right party ambushed a government convoy). But what will be the mechanics? Is it like Takistan, where you have to declare?, or just as long as you have a valid RP reason?

This is honestly worried me a lot. The DIRECTOR doesn't know how terrorism will be facilitated in mission, and the mission is coming soon?! Really?! Terrorism is going to be a big thing as Aron said, due to the politics (idk if politics is even going to be live upon release, which is disappointing as it's the only interesting thing apart from violence, which has been massively put down by the board), and I assume it hasn't even been added if it hasn't been "fully thought through".

It will most likely not be in public BETA at first, but as time goes on more systems and things will be added; terrorism included.

Of course! There needs to be a valid reason for terrorism. Not just "I declare Terror" then go RDM everyone and their mothers. I think there should be a set of at least 3-4 requirements (if there isn't any - at the moment) for terrorism to be declared.

Examples:

To declare terrorism there must be at least ten (10) police officer online.

To declare terrorism there must be at least five (5) border force agents online.

To declare terrorism there must be at least thirty (30) civilians online.

To declare terrorism there must be a valid RP reason.

To declare terrorism with groups you must have had a gang/group for at least 7 days.

Edited by Austin Martin

16 hours ago, _Tom_ said:

@_Tom_I understand that what I wrote might be taken in the way you did, but I do need to clarify one thing. Terrorism itself is an aspect of violence + politics as you described. That being said it is not something where a system needs to be in place to accomodate that besides the government system. That leaves just the common discussion with eachother for it to solidify as a community formed aspect of our mission file and I believe that is what would make it ultimately a better balance.

I'm not hear claiming that the mission will go out half-baked with content that wasn't discussed properly with both you, the community and ofcourse internally. Therefore I state that this aspect of the mission file is still open for discussion. We want to make it right so please allow us to open up to you.