Welcome to British Borders

Firstly, a very warm welcome to our website. At British Borders we are not just your typical Arma 3 role play community. By bringing together players from around the globe, who share our passion for role play, our members become part of our story and are proud to call us home.

We continue to forever challenge the conventional norms that so many Arma communities have come to accept, continuously raising the bar and setting new standards. Our extensive list of features, along with our fantastic user friendly website and committed staff team, help to deliver an enjoyable, unique and lasting gaming experience.

We would invite you to join us and become part of that experience.

This message will be removed once you sign in.

Marshall

SUGGESTION - Addon-Free ArmA Radio

15 posts in this topic

I found this while browsing the BI forums and it caught my eye.

It looks very promising and I'd love to see it on our server.

iPvmdio.png

This is a script which enhances the in-game VOIP by adding radio effects when communicating with other players, while factoring distance between the sender/receiver of the transmissions.  No mods or third-party programs required. 

FEATURES:

• No mods required!
  • No third-party programs required!
  • Tiny file size (104 KB)
  • No performance impact
  • Admin/clients don't have to download anything to play your mission
  • No custom sounds; AFAR recycles Arma 3's audio files
  • No custom artwork; AFAR recycles Arma 3's models/textures
  • No custom animations; AFAR uses an animation already Arma 3
  • No custom items; Players just need a radio equipped to talk on radio channels
  • Adds interesting depth to VOIP, which it has lacked for so long
  • Talking on VOIP channels in-game will broadcast radio noise to all friendlies in range with a radio
  • Radio noise gets louder based on distance, until out of radio range
  • Incapacitated / dead players cannot use radio
  • Compatible with land, sea, and air vehicles
  • Compatible with Arma's End Game respawn templates
  • Compatible with Arma's End Game Spectator
  • Compatible with Arma's Dynamic Groups

VIDEOS:

What do you guys say?  I say YES!

Looks Great! Would love to see something similar on the server!

Watched both videos and gotta say, it looks like it would be a great addition to the server. I do have on bit of input though, since TS3 will be being used and of course to communicate between channels, say requesting backup as a cop, will be done with whispers is there really a need for this? And I can imagine gangs will be using their own Discords or channels to talk to each other. I personally think it looks great and would love to see it in game, but is there really a need for it?

31 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Watched both videos and gotta say, it looks like it would be a great addition to the server. I do have on bit of input though, since TS3 will be being used and of course to communicate between channels, say requesting backup as a cop, will be done with whispers is there really a need for this? And I can imagine gangs will be using their own Discords or channels to talk to each other. I personally think it looks great and would love to see it in game, but is there really a need for it?

It needs a bit of editing and touching up, but if it gets added then I'd hope that the whole whisper thing wouldn't be used. 

I would love to see the radios in Tanoa. Do they work with TeamSpeak 3 or do they use in-game voice?

Edit: Actually, I just saw the YouTube introduction to the mod, it uses Arma 3 group, side, and/or command chat...

It looks promising for our mission, only concern would actually be using it, since most of us will be using TeamSpeak 3. But adds that much more to our RP and realism.

Edited by Austin Martin

I like it, Just imagining flying my plane into land and having to tune my radio into the ACTs Freq to request permission. This would open so many doors in the future 

Not really usable on BB as it does use the existinging channels (side/direct/group), which will conflict with how the devs want to use TS and the whisper functionalities.

Imagine if there would be a way to use realistic radios, frequency possibilities and near/far sound simulation in Arma, right?! :)

http://radio.task-force.ru/en/

Edited by gazmask

28 minutes ago, gazmask said:

Imagine if there would be a way to use realistic radios, frequency possibilities and near/far sound simulation in Arma, right?! :)

http://radio.task-force.ru/en/

Again it's a mod, thus restricting the playe base to people who want to download it.

Loving the idea, but see some contradiction between what's planned and how this would be used. I'd rather have the full proper mod, than one that won't be entirely effective

It is a script that takes over the voip like the side channel etc.. Some touch up stuff from the devs and it would be perfect for the server.

Edited by Michael