Welcome to British Borders

Firstly, a very warm welcome to our website. At British Borders we are not just your typical Arma 3 role play community. By bringing together players from around the globe, who share our passion for role play, our members become part of our story and are proud to call us home.

We continue to forever challenge the conventional norms that so many Arma communities have come to accept, continuously raising the bar and setting new standards. Our extensive list of features, along with our fantastic user friendly website and committed staff team, help to deliver an enjoyable, unique and lasting gaming experience.

We would invite you to join us and become part of that experience.

This message will be removed once you sign in.

Marshall

SUGGESTION - Addon-Free ArmA Radio

15 posts in this topic

Like the idea, but it does seem pointless with the planned use of whisper keys. Also, spamming radio sounds over side chat could become very annoying, very quickly.

1 hour ago, Moyes said:

Like the idea, but it does seem pointless with the planned use of whisper keys. Also, spamming radio sounds over side chat could become very annoying, very quickly.

I'm sure talking over sidechat will be blocked. 

On 4-12-2017 at 12:08, Remedy said:

Again it's a mod, thus restricting the playe base to people who want to download it.

Needing to have the paid Apex DLC is a bigger "restriction" than subscribing to a Workshop mod and installing it. I understand where you're coming from, because back with arma 2 it was indeed a hassle and putting a lot of people off, but the "player base restricting" argument is not viable anymore these days.

Although they provide a different type of ARMA 3 gameplay, the biggest communities have a 20-30GB mod pack, yet they have packed server day in day out. It all comes down with your target audience, and if we're even not considering something basic as TFAR, I think we'll mostly attract an audience who hasn't acquired a basic amount of gaming / technical knowledge to be able to install workshop mods: people of young age. And I don't know if that audience can provide the level of game- / roleplay we're all hoping for when the server goes live.

Edited by gazmask

15 hours ago, gazmask said:

Needing to have the paid Apex DLC is a bigger "restriction" than subscribing to a Workshop mod and installing it. I understand where you're coming from, because back with arma 2 it was indeed a hassle and putting a lot of people off, but the "player base restricting" argument is not viable anymore these days.

Although they provide a different type of ARMA 3 gameplay, the biggest communities have a 20-30GB mod pack, yet they have packed server day in day out. It all comes down with your target audience, and if we're even not considering something basic as TFAR, I think we'll mostly attract an audience who hasn't acquired a basic amount of gaming / technical knowledge to be able to install workshop mods: people of young age. And I don't know if that audience can provide the level of game- / roleplay we're all hoping for when the server goes live.

I do get where you're coming from, but at the early stages I say it's a bad idea. Maybe along the time when we have a stable community with regular players it would be a welcomed addition but for now not so much. 

On 12/4/2017 at 11:04, Michael said:

It is a script that takes over the voip like the side channel etc.. Some touch up stuff from the devs and it would be perfect for the server.

Agreed