Announcements
  • Interested in becoming Staff? Apply Now! Click Here
  • A new patch has been released. Beta 1.6 is now available! Download Now

BBA.png.7305ba8437787ba22bf379999caa2e86.png.1be8f71655de01a6da22fd1d1a0e3348.png

Tanoa Life Server Optimisation

Since launching the Tanoa Life Server, we have experienced some minor performance issues relating to the configuration settings of our mission file. We have found several contributing factors to this level of instability, and we are looking to address the problem.

Over the next few days, we will be trialling a range of different solutions in the attempt to optimise the server as best we can. We would like to kindly ask you to bear with us during this time.

At British Borders, it’s our commitment to make your gaming experience as enjoyable as possible. We also greatly appreciate the bug reports and suggestions flooding our website, which will all contribute to making our Tanoa Life mission better over time. It would be of much great help if you members could continue to post reports and suggestions to further improve our server.

Kind Regards,

Shaun.

• Like 1

I think the login system needs looking at. Throws you in game let's you move about then goes to black screen for few minutes, then takes 5-10 mins to log in and makes you respawn. 

I'm not even sure what it's for anyone know?

15 minutes ago, Ziggy Ryder said:

I think the login system needs looking at. Throws you in game let's you move about then goes to black screen for few minutes, then takes 5-10 mins to log in and makes you respawn. 

Oh that was a login screen? I just thought my game bugged because I'd been running round for a good 5 mins before it went black.

27 minutes ago, Ziggy Ryder said:

This was caused by the server being extremely slow, and should only happen in extreme situations.

1 hour ago, Ziggy Ryder said:

This seems to be OK now we made some changes to our configs.

10 hours ago, geo said:

Oh that was a login screen? I just thought my game bugged because I'd been running round for a good 5 mins before it went black.

I think it’s just because of the lag they were experiencing because when I did it, I got the log on screen straight away. Logging in took a few min tho.

Bear in mind that there were 120 other players logging in and trying to do the same thing...

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Maverick said:

This seems to be OK now we made some changes to our configs.

Ah good to hear! 

13 hours ago, Jared said:

This was caused by the server being extremely slow, and should only happen in extreme situations.

Suppose it's to expected with release and as stated there was alot of people joining at once 

2 hours ago, Ziggy Ryder said:

Suppose it's to expected with release and as stated there was alot of people joining at once 

5 hours ago, Mr Titan said:

Bear in mind that there were 120 other players logging in and trying to do the same thing...

Ofc There's going to be issued, Things need to work themselves straight.

Edited by Mr Titan
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mr Titan said:

Ofc There's going to be issued, Things need to work themselves straight.

Nooo would never have guessed! Was giving a suggestion that the login screen could use improvement that's all.